Do not sell my data
Last updated: Mar 9, 2022
Your Data Protection Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a California resident, you are entitled to learn what data we collect about you, ask to delete your data and not to sell (share) it. To exercise your data protection rights, you can make certain requests and ask us:
What personal information we have about you. If you make this request, we will return to you:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
Please note, you are entitled to ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to the personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
Do not sell my data
However, the CCPA’s broad definitions of “sale” and “personal information” may deem the common flow of information in the digital analytics and advertising ecosystem to be a sale. Like most companies that operate commercial websites and apps, Asenso utilizes online analytics to measure the ways users engage with our websites and apps. These analytics, in turn, inform how we perform online advertising.
In order to provide these analytics and facilitate online advertising, Asenso uses third-parties that collect device identifiers and place tags, cookies, beacons, and similar tracking mechanisms on our digital properties and on third-party digital properties. For instance, we may request that a third-party facilitate the placement of Asenso ads on a particular website after a consumer has previously visited asenso.io. The third-parties we use for these purposes generally do this by placing a cookie on a user’s browser so it can identify that the same browser visited other websites. Similarly, where our digital properties provide space for advertisements, these third-parties may use identifiers such as cookies for websites, or the device’s mobile AdID for apps, to facilitate real-time bidding by advertisers.
To delete your personal information. If you make this request, we will delete the personal information we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. If you choose to delete your personal information, you may not be able to use certain functions that require your personal information to operate.
To exercise your California data protection rights described above, please send your request(s) by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your data protection rights, described above, are covered by the CCPA, short for the California Consumer Privacy Act. To find out more, visit the official California Legislative Information website. The CCPA took effect on 01/01/2020.